Envato Market Terms
1. Hi, we’re SlidersMarket and welcome! We’re happy to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘SlidersMarket’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the RevolutionSliders.com site.
2. SlidersMarket’s ecosystem of digital marketplaces helps thousends of people around the world get creative and promote their services and products online. When you create an account and accept these terms you become a member of our community. You will have an Sliders Market account that will allow you to buy and sell items like the ones found on the SlidersMarket sites and make other related transactions. You can also buy items on SlidersMarket Market as a Guest.
3. The SlidersMarket site is a platforms that allow members to buy and sell digital products to use digital items like sliders, slides and templates. If you have an SlidersMarket account, any transactions are logged on your member’s statement, which records the payments made by you to authors via SlidersMarket (as a buyer) and by buyers via SlidersMarket to you (as an author). If you buy items as a Guest, then you will be emailed details of those payments.
4. The items on SlidersMarket are owned by the authors, not by us. The items on SlidersMarket are uploaded at the direction of the author. We provide the platform services; we do not take ownership of the items.
5. During your time with us you agree to follow the ground rules outlined in these terms so please read and understand them. If you don’t accept the terms then we’ll be sad, but you will need to leave because your presence on and use of the SlidersMarket sites is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms and the Acceptable Use Policy whether you become a member or not.
6. Browsing: You need to be 18 years or over to browse the SlidersMarket site. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 16 or under. When browsing the site you agree to follow our guidelines or instructions and keep in mind that these terms apply to any use of our SlidersMarket sites whether or not you’re a member.
7. Age: You need to be 18 years or over to become a member or to buy items as a Guest. If you’re under 18 you will need to get a parent or guardian to buy items as a Guest or use the account of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, with their permission, and this adult will be responsible for all your activities.
8. SlidersMarket Account: Membership is free. When you become a member you get an SlidersMarket account that is accessible from any of our SlidersMarket sites (and is also your SlidersMarket account for other SlidersMarket services). Your membership will allow you to ‘buy’ items from authors, participate in our online forums, and generally contribute to our ecosystem of SlidersMarket sites that help people get creative. Membership also gives you the opportunity to become an author (see section – Becoming an Author) or earn referral income (see section – Referrals).
9. Guest Checkout: You may purchase an item from any of our SlidersMarket sites as a Guest. Unless otherwise stated, these terms and conditions apply to Guests in the same way they apply to buyers who have an SlidersMarket account. Guests don’t receive an SlidersMarket account, but can of course register for one at any time. If you buy items as a Guest, your access to our ecosystem will be limited.
11. Your responsibility: You promise that information you give us is true, accurate and complete and, if you sign up for an SlidersMarket account, that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a current email address). Your membership is not transferable, that means you cannot sell your account. You are responsible for any use of the SlidersMarket sites including any activity that occurs in conjunction with your username and password, if you have an SlidersMarket account, so keep your password secure and don’t let any other person use your username or password. If you realise there’s any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security you need to let us know immediately. You must not use a virtual private network or VPN or any other means to avoid compliance with these terms and conditions, or for any fraudulent or illegal reasons.
13. What you’re buying:
- Item support: Authors can choose whether or not to support certain items. If an author chooses to support an item, this will be identified on the item page. All supported items include a support period. If you buy an item as a Guest you will not be able to access Item Support if it is offered by the Author of the item.
To learn more about item support, like what items are covered, what authors provide, the support period and support extension options, see the item support policy.
- Buyer Services: In addition to the use of the platform, when you ‘buy’ an item you also receive buyer services from SlidersMarket like 24/7 buyer support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related buyer services.
You can read more about the awesome buyer services buyers get from us over at Why Buy From Us information page.
Transacting as a buyer:
14. If you have an Sliders Market account, you can make payments in one way: you can ‘Buy Now’ through the ‘Buy Now” button of each template.
15. Currency : All prices are in ($) USD
21. Terms of buying: When you buy an SlidersMarket item you’re doing so on the following terms:
- you warrant to us and the author that you have carefully considered the suitability of your chosen template, and that you have chosen appropriately;
- you cannot cancel a completed purchase of an item;
- we and the authors do not promise that any particular item will continue to be available on Sliders Market so you should download and save the item as soon as you buy it;
- the author retains ownership of the item;
- your relevant details may be provided to the author of the item in order to facilitate the transaction, for example for invoicing and item support services;
22. Warranties we make:
- We warrant that the Sliders Market sites will be suitable for the purposes described on the sites, and that we will provide our platform services with reasonable skill and care.
- We otherwise do not make any express or implied warranties about the Sliders sites (or any items on the Sliders Market sites).
- the item is of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which it is ‘sold’;
- the item matches the description given by the author on the item preview page, as well as any item preview;
- they will honour any express warranties given to you that are not contained in these terms;
- they have the rights necessary to license that item on the terms of applicable license;
- your use of that item in accordance with the terms of the applicable license does not infringe the intellectual property rights of someone else;
- the item and its description are not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
- the item and its description do not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
- the item does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- they will process your data in accordance with applicable privacy law and data protection regulations.
24. Items with an incorrect price or incorrect information: Despite our reasonable efforts, items may occasionally be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information. If this happens, we may cancel or reverse a transaction, even after it is completed and a payment has been processed. If we do this, we’ll promptly arrange for any payment to be credited or refunded and you must not use the item unless you re-purchase it at the correct price.
25. Given the nature of digital content, a refund on a purchase is not granted unless one of the warranties given by the author in section 23 has been breached.
29. If the author or we decide to issue a refund this will generally be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. So if the item was purchased using a particular payment method you will be refunded using the same payment method in reverse. Any payment made to you will be made in US Dollars, under the rules of the payment method.
Becoming an author
30. If you want to get involved in our community as an author find out how here. Remember that if you become an author these terms will continue to apply, along with the Author Terms you’ll sign up to as an author.
31. What we own: We own all the Templates content that we have put on Sliders Market (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others). This includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the Sliders Market sites, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on SlidersMarket. We own all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names on SlidersMarket (unless otherwise stated and excluding these things owned by others). You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our SlidersMarket Content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these terms.
32. What we don’t own: We do not own the items on SlidersMarket; our authors do. Items are uploaded at the direction of the author. So we cannot take responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the items. We do not warrant that the items or any member content, code, data or materials available on or via the SlidersMarket do not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party.
33. Copyright, trademark and intellectual property claims: We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we require that authors do the same. If you believe that an item or member content infringes an intellectual property right (including copyright) please see the information in our Intellectual Property Policy.
34. Model and property releases: Items are available for commercial use (unless stated otherwise by the Author on an item page). Authors are responsible for obtaining and keeping a model or property release if one is needed; please ask the author directly if you need a copy of a release.
Our use of your information
36. Confidential Information: We value your information and take reasonable precautions to protect it. While using the SlidersMarket, you may also become aware of confidential information about us or another member. You promise to not disclose any confidential information made available to you through the SlidersMarket to any other person.
37. Prohibited Conduct: We strongly recommend that you don’t make your contact details public on the SlidersMarket or in any public communications via the SlidersMarket sites. Contact details include your email address, street address, Skype name and phone number (but not social network handles). If you do, it must not be for any reason prohibited under the Acceptable Use Policy and you do so at your risk!
38. Content removal: We can look at or remove any of your content for any reason at our discretion. Reasons might include quality assurance, if we receive a valid copyright take-down notice or General IPR Notice, if we think that the content is unauthorised, misleading, incorrect, offensive, or in breach of anyone else’s rights, or if we think that your use of the SlidersMarket and any content might result in liability to us or anyone else. See our Acceptable Use Policy for further details.
39. Community participation: We take great pride in our global and thriving community—it’s part of what makes the SlidersMarket great. We focus on transparency and mutual respect and invite you to participate, give feedback and have your say. Before participating on SlidersMarket, please read the Community Guidelines, as you agree to follow them as part of these terms.
40. Eligibility, suspension or termination: Membership is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for community members who follow our terms and policies and treat other community members well. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we may, using reasonable discretion, decide whether or not your use of SlidersMarket complies with these terms and our policies. We can suspend or terminate your SlidersMarket account at any time for any reason (acting reasonably of course), including if you:
- breach these terms or any terms applicable to any of your other SlidersMarket accounts;
- breach any of our policies (or policies of any other SlidersMarket Company);
- act in a way that does not align with the values of our community; or
- act in a way that could cause us or members harm.
If we do decide to permanently terminate your SlidersMarket account you must not apply for a new account as unfortunately you will no longer be welcome in our community. This decision may also apply to all of your SlidersMarket accounts you use on other SlidersMarket sites.
41. SlidersMarket Companies: If an indemnity, limitation or disclaimer of liability, warranty or release (a ‘benefit‘) is given in our favor in these terms, the Author Terms or Affiliate Terms, we hold that benefit on trust for the other SlidersMarket Companies. We may enforce that benefit as trustee for and on behalf of the other SlidersMarket Companies as beneficiaries under that trust.
42. We may use the services of another SlidersMarket Company to conduct payment or other activities with you, like collecting payments and paying author earnings. If you make a Buy Now payment, we receive your payment as a limited agent for the author and your obligation to pay the author is met when we (or another SlidersMarket Company) receive the payment successfully.
Liability and indemnity – between us and you
43. We provide the SlidersMarket sites and the platform services, not the items on the SlidersMarket sites.
44. You indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), expenses, demands or liability that we incur arising out of, or in connection with, a third party claim against us relating to your use of SlidersMarket and any content you post to SlidersMarket (including, if you are an author, your items).
45. If you are a buyer, you agree that we are not responsible for, and you release us from liability arising out of or in connection with:
- the items on SlidersMarket;
- information provided by authors about their items (including on any item page); and
- your use of items from SlidersMarket.
46. Our liability to you in connection with SlidersMarket or these terms, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, is limited as follows:
- we exclude liability for any of these things incurred by you: loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of capital, damage to reputation, loss in connection with any other contract, loss of data, or indirect, consequential or special loss, damage or expense; and;
- our total liability to you is limited to the greater of USD100 and the total buyer fees paid by you in the 12 months before liability accrued.
We may, at our expense, assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter you indemnify us against, and if so you agree to cooperate with us.
Liability and indemnity – between authors and buyers
47. Each author grants to each buyer of the author’s items a limited indemnity on the following terms:
- if another person makes a claim against a buyer that the buyer’s use of the item in accordance with the terms of the applicable license infringes the intellectual property or other rights of that third party; and
- if that buyer promptly notifies the author of the claim and gives the author the option to control the defense of the claim (at the author’s cost), then the author will indemnify the buyer against damages finally awarded by a court against the buyer or any settlement damages agreed to by the author regarding that claim.
48. The liability of each author to their buyers is otherwise limited, for each item purchased, to the author’s earnings from the payment for that item, except to the extent that the author’s liability arises from willful misrepresentations made about the item.
49. Availability: We strive to have SlidersMarket available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week but you know how the internet works: occasionally you might not be able to access SlidersMarket, and this might happen for any reason, at any time, with or without notice, or at our absolute discretion. We might also change aspects of how SlidersMarket works. The SlidersMarket Companies will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of these things.
50. Third Party: If you’re agreeing to these terms on behalf of someone else (like your employer), then you’re promising to us that you have full legal authority to bind that third party.
51. Consumer laws: In some places there may be non-excludable warranties, guarantees or other rights (‘non-excludable consumer guarantees‘). We do not exclude, restrict or modify non-excludable consumer guarantees in these terms. Except for non-excludable consumer guarantees, we and authors are bound only by the express warranties made in these terms. Our and each author’s liability for breach of a non-excludable consumer guarantee is limited, at our or the author’s option, to replacing or paying the cost of replacing the relevant item or service, (unless the non-excludable consumer guarantee says otherwise).
52. Blocking a member, disabling an account or refusing to process a payment. We may block you, terminate any of your SlidersMarket accounts or refuse to process a payment, including withholding your account balance indefinitely, if we reasonably believe there is a risk associated with you, your SlidersMarket account, or that payment, including if it breaches a law or regulation. Examples of where we might do this include transactions where we suspect the payment is from or to a person or country sanctioned by an authority (like the United Nations, the United States government or the Australian government); or where we reasonably believe there is a legal or regulatory risk or a risk of loss being suffered by us or our members. You warrant that you are not located in a sanctioned country and are not on a sanctioned persons list. You also warrant that you will not purchase items on SlidersMarket using funds sourced from a sanctioned country. We may also block members from a country if we can’t make payments to or from that country. You should check what payment methods are available in your country for making payments as a buyer or for withdrawing earnings as an author. We may take any of the actions stated in this section without notice and against all of your SlidersMarket accounts you use on other SlidersMarket sites. If required by law we may forfeit existing deposits or earnings.
53. US-specific controls. SlidersMarket is not available to anyone located in any U.S. sanctioned countries or to anyone on the U.S Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN list). You must not export or re-export SlidersMarket items to a U.S. sanctioned country or to anyone on the SDN list.
54. Relationship between the parties: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other member. Neither you nor us can bind each other in any way. We are, however, an agent of the authors only for the limited purposes of collecting Buy Now payments (see section 47), the authors’ providing warranties to buyers in section 23 – Warranties authors make, to limit authors’ liability to buyers in section 53, and the disclaimer of authors’ liability to buyers in section 56 – Consumer laws.
55. Notices: Any notice you send us must be submitted via a help request. Any notice we send to you will be emailed to your SlidersMarket account email address.
56. Changes to SlidersMarket Terms: We may change these terms at any time and, if we make changes, we will take reasonable steps to let our community know about the changes. You can also keep track of whether changes have been made to our terms by referring to the version and effective date at the footer of the terms. You can close your Market Account and terminate your agreement with us at any time if you do not agree to the changes. However, if you continue to use SlidersMarket sites after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
67. Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
a member who makes items available for sale on SlidersMarket.
includes downloading an item that is made available for free on SlidersMarket or that is purchased for you by another member.
- Buy Now:
a way of purchasing an item using a payment provider as PayPal
a person who ‘buys’ items on SlidersMarket.
- Buyer fee:
the fee for the services buyers get from SlidersMarket like 24/7 support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related buyers’ services.
- Sliders Market content:
is all the content that we have put on SlidersMarket and includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the SlidersMarket, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on the SlidersMarket (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others like author content).
- SlidersMarket account:
what you receive when you become a Member which gives you access to any of the SlidersMarket sites.
- Handling fee:
the fee buyers may pay when using a payment method
- Item price:
the price buyers pay for the license to use an item, as detailed in section 13(a).